These weather-resistant lights are perfect to light up your patio or deck for outdoor dining and relaxing. Attach the lights with screw eyes and carabiners so they’re just as easy to put up as they are to take down. With this easy method, string lights remain sturdy throughout the year, so you don’t have to worry about plastic hooks and other temporary solutions that won’t last after the season.
- Redesigning your front yard can completely change the feel of your house.
- Refinishing takes about a day and $200 to DIY, and once you sand down the floors, you can refinish them with a brighter stain to lighten up the room.
- The reclaimed yard provides a nice place to relax in a controlled outdoor environment, another factor driving the pandemic building boom.
- Consider installing outdoor lighting to enhance your home’s architecture and illuminate the walkway.
- The Mighty House radio show has been a labor of love for over a decade (another number I should know… but I don’t… it’s been longer than that).
- They’re about a buck a square at home centers and provide an easy-to-wipe-clean surface.
“That’s another 400 square feet of living space,” which can feel like a lot in a 1,000-square-foot home. However, adding a skylight isn’t as easy as chopping a square into your roof. Reserve this improvement for the pros, and expect to pay between $500 – $3,000 for the project. Instead, for the interior walls of your small home, opt for cool colors that give rooms an open and airy look.
Please contact Customer Service at 878
Shop your existing inventory of accessories and display a few on your mantel for a quick, no-cost refresh. Beaded board lends a traditional touch to kitchens and bathrooms. Cut holes in the boards or sheets for outlets, phone jacks, and other wall necessities.
A House Divided
But the Taylors’ house was filled with more than a few subtle details many fans might have missed. Invest in area rugs to make “rooms” in open spaces.They’re the quickest way to create cohesive areas for dining, lounging, etc. Change up your wall coverings.Get the high-gloss lacquered look fast with vinyl wall coverings. Smartify your locks.Create a smart lock for your door, so you never have to leave keys for the housekeeper. Control it from your phone and assign access “keys” to anyone you please. Splurge in the bathroom.Treat yourself to pretty guest-size soaps, so your soap dish always looks fresh.
top tips for improvements to sell a house:
You’re always on time and most of all you know what you’re doing. I tried a lot of other service companies and none hold a candle to House Doctor… Fixed all of my items within the time allotted and took the initiative to complete a repair that I hadn’t thought of. Our top-rated pros are ready to tackle all your home projects – big or small – on time & on budget. One of the easiest projects you can do is give your front door a fresh coat of paint. Replace vinyl siding that is cracked or broken, paint exterior trim and window shutters and fix any sidewalks that are chipped or pitted.