75 Home Improvement Tips
It also comes with a long list of things to do to keep the home in working order or improve our surroundings. Calling a contractor to repair or improve every single thing gets expensive fast. What if there were a way to know what they know about home improvement? Here are 17 of the best time and money-saving home improvement and care hacks that only a contractor would know about. Many homes in rural parts of the U.S. rely on well water rather than city water. But well water has pros and cons that city people may never have considered.
- To quickly and easily rehabilitate your existing fireplace, a gas or wood-burning insert adds energy efficiency to your home without tearing apart your hearth and mantel.
- They are pricey, they last much longer than incandescent or CFLs and they are more energy efficient…
- With our computerized design process, you’ll be able to see the choices of siding on your home before the job starts from the comfort of your home.
- “The process is simple,” says Mike McAllister, owner of Riverside Kitchen Center in Mount Vernon, Washington.
- The concept of home improvement, home renovation, or remodeling is the process of renovating or making additions to one’s home.
But, following the advice presented in the audit results can save tons of money on future energy bills. For products to be rated as Energy-Star certified, they have to meet strict high-efficiency standards and don’t cost much more than unrated products. The number of kinds of certified products today is vast. You’re sure to find something in your price range that will save even more on your energy bill. Make a worn dining table or old countertops look luxurious by transforming them into chic marble focal pieces. This unique and crafty DIY combines leftover project paint, ultra high-gloss epoxy and basic craft supplies to recreate the veining lines and texture found in real marble.
You should also check you have the right amount of cover through your home insurance when the work’s finished. This is particularly important with extensions and structural changes that can affect the rebuild cost of your home. Make sure your contents cover is enough to cover any extra furniture you’ve bought, too. Alternatively, you may want to consider a home improvement loan.
Filled with a lush display of flowers, they add charm to any exterior window. Not only do they give windows a nice finish, but they also bring gorgeous flowers up and into view from inside the home. Plus, you can build the popular curb appeal element yourself.
Professional home improvement is ancient and goes back to the beginning of recorded civilization. One example is Sergius Orata, who in the 1st century B.C. Is said by the writer Vitruvius to have invented the hypocaust.